Online personal training has become my priority and focus over the past 12 months. I still work on film contracts and will always continue too but I have scaled back these and I am also working more on the managements side of these with my film fitness team.
The inspiration and motivation I get from every single success story coming through my training plans highlights why this is so important to me to focus on.
The results don’t come easy for anyone. Not for my actors or for my teamkingsbury members. This makes it even more rewarding for them and me when they achieve it. They know just what it takes and what they have had to put in over duration of the plan. This level of effort makes me incredibly proud of them, it also instils a sense of achievement and pride in every person that succeeds.
I wanted to write this article to talk directly about two of my team. They show how people from very different starting positions and with different goals can both achieve amazing results on my plan. What makes it even more cool is that they are mother and son!
Zach has been on my plan for 3×12 week training blocks, when he was about half way through it he got him mum to sign up too. Valerie and Zach have both sent me outstanding pictures this week of their results And I had to make a big feature of it. As I wanted to say how impressed I am, proud I am they work with me and how they can motivate others and are truly “leading by example”
My training works due to the fact that my plans are custom, every session and meal is designed to make sure that person achieves their results. From the rep ranges, exercises, rest periods, intensity down to the calories and personalised macros.
I have no doubt I am delivering the best online product at any price point let alone at less than £17 per week!
The key to achieving results is setting goals and ensuring these goals are considered with every part of the plan, every session and every meal. No wasted time or energy to be seen.
Along with goals I help to manage and utilise expectation of every person who signs up.
Ultimately I can get people to achieve almost anything, the key factor to this is time. Depending on individual factors the end point for 12 weeks will vary from person to person but if they are willing to put the time in then we can do it. I am in it for the long haul not for the quick turn around of customers.
Staying motivated is one of the most crucial aspects of a successful plan. The sessions and food HAVE to be maintainable and the support from me has to be consistent.
I reply to your questions, I review each and every weekly review sheet and the whole of #teamkingsbury support each other to achieve great things
I want you to take a look at Zach and Valerie and their start and progress pictures. I have no doubt you can relate to their starting points and also see how amazing they have done. Well they are just like you. The key is they committed to a plan and have worked at it consistently. They will both admit they haven’t been perfect with the plan the whole way through. But they don’t need to be. They have worked hard, stuck with their focused goals and dominated their plans!
1. Ever since I was a child for as long as I can remember I’ve always wanted to be muscular like the heroes in the films I’d watch. There’s a few that instantly come to mind such as all the Rocky Movies where you can easily see and track Stallone’s progress as Rocky into his amazing condition, another set of films that are similar to this in where you can track a character’s physical progression into spectacular shape are the X-men movies! Where Hugh Jackman as Wolverine clearly betters his physique in each film. This has always been something that inspires me and makes me want to look like these characters! I eventually came across the trainer David Kingsbury who Hugh Jackman was trained by when he truly was able to find a peak in his physical appearance, that was when I knew I had to give his programs a shot!
2. Making the training fit into my lifestyle is actually one of the easier parts for me in following a Kingsbury program. One reason being that David fully customizes the plans to fit your daily living. Just like anything else in life after so long it becomes habit, this healthy living will become your lifestyle. There’s never a workout that I’m not looking forward to in any given day! As for the eating, the progression in the mirror and the tasty meals you have to look forward to will also keep you motivated throughout this process. This lifestyle is one I’ve grown to love very much! There’s no better feeling than knowing you’re bettering yourself!
3. Before starting the Kingsbury plans I had tried many other different training styles! Some of which I did see good results and others the results were not that of what I had been seeking. I found myself always going back to a high amount of HIIT with a lot of calisthenic based movements because I never felt I was lean enough. I had noticed some quick progress through HIIT training but not knowing any better I began to do it too much and it actually became my enemy. With David’s guidance I came to realize I had too much HIIT volume in my training prior to following his plans. Now with David’s way of training I primarily focus on my weight lifting! Throughout my week’s training it is all based around weights! HIIT and LISS cardio are also thrown into the mix but not as frequently as before. With that said the way I fuel my body has also changed in huge amounts! In the past I was always afraid to eat too much as I felt I never was lean enough. With David’s plans I eat so much more and have been able to stay at a lower body fat percentage than ever before!
4. There are challenges to come with facing any program. With David’s programs most of my challenges have been mental, there’s times where I’m not patient with my body. But I have learned to trust the process and keep plugging away one meal, workout, day, week, month, and program at a time. The results will come! You just have to believe in yourself and the process laid out by David. The right mindset is just as important as the right program.
5. If I were to give advice to someone who is looking to get into shape…I would tell them to start off slow for the first couple of weeks, let the momentum build! This process is not a quick one and is more of a marathon than anything. Trust the process and believe in that your hard work will pay off! You need to plan your goals and have a way to stay on track with your goals! I’ve found the best way in doing so is by purchasing a plan from David Kingsbury! If it works for me it will work for you. So get started! Don’t quit! And trust the process!